Wednesday, April 30, 2008

People Make The Party



One of the things I love best about Party Planning is getting to know my clients on a very personal level - who they are, what they like, what makes them happy - and it is sometimes as much a discovery for them as it is for me! And when I wrap up a successful party (or have one of my own) I love to hear about the way the event made them FEEL - connected, happy, silly. I'm glad when they like the flower arrangements - I'm more satisfied with a positive emotional climate.

So -
during this tumultuous economic climate, I want to encourage you to take the time to entertain(and yes - you can do it on a budget). I know that might sound ridiculous on the face of it - but nurturing others through opening your home, cooking, and decorating can be very cathartic and self-satisfying. And it will also allow your guests to forget about their issues for a while and have some fun!

While I love the decorative parts of a party - the invitations, centerpieces, napkin rings, take home gifts, etc., etc. - the truly meaningful part of a party is your connection with people. Whether you are extending yourself for a special guest of honor or celebrating your best friends or gathering the soccer team for an end-of-the-year party or sharing a meal with family, take a moment to think about the little things that will make the event that much more special. When you do, your decision on what colors, textures, activities, location, etc. will all come from an authentic place for the group of people that you are gathering together.

I wish you positive people connections,
Barb

No comments: