Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Floral Centerpieces

Color obviously plays a central role in party decorations and many of us choose to add that splash of color with a fresh floral centerpiece. But what happens when your color of choice isn't represented in nature, or hales from a remote island in the tropics?

Well, thanks to Master Design and their floral spray "Just for Flowers" you can take inexpensive, easy to find locally, long-lasting flowers like carnations and turn them into the perfect shade to compliment your other party design elements.

I must admit I enjoy crafty projects - they bring out the artist-wanna-be in me - so I enjoyed taking to the patio, laying down some paper and spraying the carnations. I tried different shades with the purple and stayed at a consistent shade with the green. I think the results are fun! You can't do wrong - just remember to spray about 6" away from the flower and allow the spray to dry between layers.

The cool thing about the Design Master spray is that you can layer colors and they blend (not cover) to create different shades/colors.
Checkout PartyOriginals.com Carnation How-To for specific directions and ideas about how to arrange these fun flowers.

Take Care,
Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a great idea! It sounds easy and fun! I can never find the color I am looking for but now I can create the color I want with your great advice. Thanks Barb!