Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Outdoor Entertaining


There are certain entertaining staples that every hostess should have on-hand, and one of those is a great set of Melamine dinnerware for outdoor entertaining.

Obviously, it is more durable and lightweight which is great for casual
dining - especially if some of your guests are eating on their laps. And it is a better "green" option than paper plates. Now I'm not saying that I never use paper - but melamine is a great alternative. If I have a group of 12 over, I simply pull out my melamine, heat up the grill, blend up some Margaritas. Need I say more?!

The other cool thing is that there are so many new styles of melamine. There are a plethora of options available to match your style. Checkout some of my favorites at PartyOriginals.com.

Speaking of barbecue - I wanted to pass on one of my favorite chicken marinades. These grill up beautifully on their own or you can slice up the chicken for fajitas! Ole!

Herbed Chicken Marinade
2 TB of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of lime juice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/4 cup of cilantro
A sprinkle of sea salt
Combine all ingredients and place in a gallon plastic bag or non-metallic pan. Add 4 boneless chicken breasts and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (but I like to do it overnight!).

Heat up your grill to medium-high and get a great grill mark on each side (keep lid closed). Reduce grill temp to low and let cook all the way through.

Happy, "Sunshiney" Entertaining to All!
Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Melamine products are beautiful...great for outdoor decks or patios!! I think I am going to have to buy some real soon!!!!!!!