Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Love is in the Air

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I LOVE celebrating this holiday!

You see it involves all the "junky-junk" I love — handmade cards with overlapping specialty papers garnished with lacey ribbon and glitter or easy, inexpensive table centerpieces mixing beautiful, classic items like roses with childish stuff - like pink crinkled paper strips and an array of ceramic hearts and cherubs!

I also usually get very sentimental and want to make sure those I love know it. When the kids were little I always gave them a sappy Valentine's book with a handwritten message. Or one year I beautifully arranged 1 Corinthians 13: 4 - 7: Love is patient, love is kind. . . on a piece of handmade paper.

At my house, another tradition is our Valentine's dinner that my kids love: chicken broccoli casserole, salad, rice and easy, easy cheesecake with cherries. It makes me smile just thinking of it. This is a very kid-friendly meal! If it is adults only. . . no way! I say go classy!

Well, if you are interested in starting a new, classy "romantic" tradition checkout my new
Valentine's Party at PartyOriginals.com. Here's a sneak preview!

Bye for now -
Take Care,
Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Barb - loved hearing about your Valentine's Day traditions. The casserole sounds yummy! I'll check out the Valentine's Day Party on your website too. I could use some help this year since I'm swamped at work and don't have a lot of time to pull something together myself.

Happy New Year - vrsatilegirl